Sep 25 Exit Slip

 The two main things we did today were matching color swatches to natural things and various ways of rope making. For the color swatch activity, I picked a bright orange and purple color. At first, I thought orange was going to be the easy color, as I would just match to one of the fruits or dried out leaves. However, none of them actually had the bright orange color. They had a more tan, brownish orange. The only thing that matched my orange were the orange bags covering the sunflowers but obviously they are not natural... As for purple, I came across some a magenta-colored flower which is actually called "Red Clover" even though it does not really look red to me at all. Thus, I kept looking and stumbled upon a purple cascading flower that almost matched my purple swatch completely. Apparently, it is called "Tufted Vetch). Since I thought purple was such a rare color, I thought finding this flower was like finding a needle in a haystack but google search also says it is a rather common flower haha...




As for the rope making activity, I did manage to craft a few ropes out of grass. However, I could not resist the temptation in testing its strength and pulled on it too early or gave it a karate chop in the middle. The internal structure did turn out way better than I expected for grass though they still pale in comparison to some of the others who could use them to hang on trees or long enough to jump rope. Maybe I will try making rope again to use to demonstrate pulleys and tension in physics. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrance Slip (Sep 11)

Nov 20 Exit Slip

Exit Slip Oct 16